The State University of New York Brooklyn Educational Opportunity Center (BEOC) is part of a network of comprehensive educational institutions serving adult learners. These institutions deliver education, training and student services to eligible New York state residents, offering them the opportunity and access to achieve their academic and career objectives.
The mission of BEOC is to create success by expanding life options for students with low or moderate income. BEOC provides a second chance and the opportunity for students to transform their lives. See testimonials.
THE BEOC COMMITMENT
To prepare and develop successful students, BEOC seeks to create an environment that encourages students to:
- Gain academic and technical skills
- Develop digital literacy skills and competencies
- Develop financial savvy
- Develop personal and professional skills
- Participate in academic and student support activities
- Learn how to manage their own learning outcomes – self-responsibility
- Engage in student life and development activities
- Learn about ways to access a college education
- Develop an aptitude for lifelong learning
- Connect to career pathways
BEOC will help to connect you from where you are to where you want to be. Let BEOC be the bridge to your future!