It is a pleasure to welcome you to Brooklyn Educational Opportunity Center! We are glad that you are here. Our commitment to you is not limited to the classroom. We are a student-centered institution offering a range of student services and activities designed to enrich your educational experience in and out of class.
Please review the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures document. I urge you to read it carefully as it sets out your rights and responsibilities, including your right to equal access and nondiscrimination. The Student Code of Conduct lists the behavior expected from all students while they are enrolled at BEOC. Although they were written for in-person attendance, the expectations are relevant for remote learning, including the following:
- Using appropriate language (no cursing or foul language)
- Not teasing, bothering, or bullying other students
- Respecting others and being courteous to others
- Not distracting or disturbing other students
- Being prepared for class, being on time, and being present
- Following directions from instructors and staff
We want you to succeed, so do not hesitate to ask for help. Your instructors and advisors will assist you, so please communicate with them.
If you have a complaint regarding sexual misconduct or discrimination, please follow the instructions at the beginning of the document. If you have a disagreement with a student, faculty, or staff member, please follow the complaint procedure at the end of the document.
Best wishes for a great semester!
Jacinth Hanson, Ed.D.